Fri, Aug 27|
Quill and Chill: Letters
Learn how to make letters using the art of quilling! You'll learn the basics and a few ideas for how to make it your own with embellishments.
Time & Location
Aug 27, 2021, 7:00 PM – 9:00 PM CDT
About the Event
Learn how to make letters using the art of paper quilling! We'll get together over Zoom and I'll walk you step by step through how to make this design. These make perfect personalized cards for any occasion, and the techniques you learn can be used for making longer words as well.
There's a lot of freedom in these designs! I'll walk you through the basics, and you can choose to follow one of the example photos or create your own unique creation. Either way, you'll receive guidance and you'll have the opportunity to ask questions and receive real-time help with your project. All sessions come with a PDF of instructions after the class, and access to the replay.
Supplies are not provided for Quill and Chill workshops.
Also, we will only be creating one letter in the workshop. Choose any letter you like! (The 3 examples are to give you ideas for embellishment options.)
For this project, you'll need:
- quilling paper strips (Note: heavier paper like cardstock or anything 100 gsm or more is best for the outline of the letter. You can use traditional quilling paper, but thicker paper will be easier and sturdier.)
- quilling tool (either slotted or needle)
- glue (In a needle tip bottle is best. If you don't have a needle tip bottle, toothpicks will help for these techniques.)
- a flat surface to spread glue on (like a plastic sheet, plastic lid, or paper plate)
- craft tweezers
- backing (Blank greeting cards are perfect for these.)
A small amount of prep work will be needed (tracing your letter onto your card in very light pencil.)
For a recommended list of supplies, see this blog post: https://www.thequillingedge.com/post/essential-quilling-supplies
All of the supplies will come in a kit (about $20-$30) that will last you for multiple projects.
The vibe of Quill and Chill... well is in the name! Grab your favorite beverage, let's hang out and learn a new craft!
Please note time zones! The event is 5 pm PST/ 7 pm CST/ 8 pm EST.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
General Admission$35.00+$0.88 service fee